The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day marketing operations of CAHEC and its affiliated entities. Some specific duties include website maintenance, content writing and editing for various publications and marketing pieces, and event planning. This position will collaborate with both internal CAHEC staff members and external consultants to help meet the goals and objectives of the Communications division while adhering to CAHEC’s corporate brand guidelines.
Some specific functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist management with strategic planning, budgeting, and implementing policies and procedures.
• Manage the production and ongoing evaluation of all monthly publications, marketing projects, and mass communications..
• Represent CAHEC at select local and out-of-state conferences and events by speaking with potential and current partners about CAHEC’s corporate capabilities.
• Oversee the CAHEC website including creating new content, regular maintenance, and ensuring site meets industry standards regarding usability and design.
• Assist with the planning of the annual CAHEC Partners Conference, along with various other company events.
• Oversee the corporate sponsorships for CAHEC at industry events and conferences.
• Manage all promotional marketing materials and company giveaways.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or English. Or, an equivalent combination of education and comparable work experience.
Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible work experience in writing and editing, newsletter and marketing material development, project management, website management, and event planning relevant to communications and marketing.
Comprehensive knowledge and proven application of marketing and communications principles and practices. Proven ability to (i) manage multiple, concurrent, and changing priorities with attention to detail, (ii) demonstrate clear and concise interpersonal and customer service skills, (iii) demonstrate excellent proofreading and editorial skills, and (iv) demonstrate planning skills with limited direct supervision. Proven ability to demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel, along with intermediate proficiency in design software, website management tools, and Customer Relationship Management applications.
Compensation: Commensurate with education, experience, and job performance.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including company-matched 401(k) plan.